Republic of the
Regional Trial Court
First Judicial Region
IN THE MATTER OF THE PETITION FOR THE CHANGE OF NAME OF BABY GIRL DADAT GUIKED TO NATY DADAT TANGONAN,
FOR THE CORRECTION OF CERTAIN ENTRIES IN THE CERTIFICATE OF LIVE BIRTH OF THE PETITIONER.
NATY DADAT TANGONAN-ALIWANA, also known as BABY GIRL DADAT GUIKED,
THE LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OF BAGUIO CITY.
SPL PROC CASE NO. 2658-R
ORDER AND NOTICE OF HEARING
Before this Court is a verified Petition for change of name and correction of entries in the Certificate of Live Birth of NATY DADAT TANGONAN-ALIWANA, with a prayer that (1) the registered name of petitioner be changed from BABY GIRL DADAT GUIKED to NATY DADAT TANGONAN; (2) the name of mother be changed from ROMANA KIMAY DADAT to IRENE ROMANA KIMAY DADAT; and (3) the registered place of birth of petitioner be changed from BAGUIO MEDICAL CENTER, INC. BAGUIO CITY to ITOGON, BENGUET.
In support of her petition, Petitioner states:
1. Petitioner is of legal age, married, Filipino citizen, with residence and postal address at No. 302 Ananayo Street, Upper Rock Quarry, Baguio City, Philippines;
2. The respondent Local Civil Registrar of Baguio City is impleaded as nominal party being the one in custody of the document sought to be corrected and who may be served summons and processes of the Honorable Court at its office located at the Baguio Health Center, T. Alonzo St., Baguio City;
3. Petitioner was born on May 25, 1974 in Itogon, Benguet to Orlando Tangonan and Irene Romana Tangonan. xxx;
4. Petitioner was named after her father. Petitioner was baptized and she was given the name Naty Dadat Tangonan as can be proven by petitioner’s Certificate of Baptism. However, in her certificate of live birth, petitioner’s first name and last name was registered as Baby Girl Dadat Guiked instead of Naty Dadat Tangonan. Likewise, the name of mother was registered as Romana Kimay Dadat instead of Irene Romana Kimay Dadat. xxx;
5. Furthermore, petitioner’s place of birth was entered as Baguio Medical Center, Inc. Baguio City, instead of Itogon, Benguet, xxx;
6. Ever since petitioner was of school age, petitioner has been using the name Naty Dadat Tangonan. xxx;
7. Likewise, petitioner has been using the name Naty Dadat Tangonan in all her official transactions both with private and government entities. xxx;
8. In order to establish the true identity of petitioner, to rectify the erroneous entries and to avoid difficulties in the use of petitioner’s birth record, it is the desire of the petitioner that her birth record be corrected and that her name registered as Baby Girl Dadat Guiked be changed to Naty Dadat Tangonan; that the name of mother be corrected from Romana Kimay Dadat to Irene Romana Kimay Dadat; and her place of birth be corrected from Baguio Medical Center, Inc. Baguio City to Itogon, Benguet;
9. Furhter, by reason of the existence of the erroneous entries registered in petitioner’s Certificate of Live Birth, it is her desire that the same should be changed and corrected in order to conform to the real facts;
10. Petitioner is not filing this instant petition for any illegal purpose whatsoever, but merely for purpose of making correct her personal record.;
Finding the Petition to be sufficient in form and substance, let the same be heard before the Regional Trial court, Branch 60, Baguio City on October 25, 2017 at 1:30 o’clock in the afternoon at which place, date and time, the Petitioner shall prove her case. Any person may appear and show cause, why the petition should not be granted.
Let a copy of this Order and Notice of Hearing, together with a copy of the Petition and its annexes be served upon the respondent, the Local Civil Registrar of the City of Baguio, who is hereby enjoined to file his comment and/or opposition, should there be any. Furnish a copy of the Order and Notice of Hearing together with a copy of the petition to the Offic e of the Solicitor General, Civil Registrar General, Philippine Statistics Authority and the Office of the City Prosecutor of Baguio City.
At the expense of the Petitioner, the Branch Sheriff is hereby directed to post copies of this Order and Notice of Hearing on the bulletin boards of the Court, the City Hall, and the Post Office, all of Baguio City. Let this Order and Notice of hearing be published in a newspaper of general circulation in Baguio City and suburbs for three (3) consecutive weeks at the expense of the Petitioner.
DONE IN CHAMBERS, this 15th day of September 2017, at Baguio City, Philippines.
(SGD) MARIA LIGAYA V. ITLIONG-RIVERA
Acting Presiding Judge
Publication Dates: September 30, October 7 and 14, 2017