Republic of the
REGIONAL TRIAL COURT OF BAGUIO CITY
FIRST JUDICIAL REGION
IN RE: PETITION FOR CHANGE OF NAME OF JESSICA VALERIE BORILLO ORCALES AND JUSTINE MARLON BORILLO ORCALES TO JESSICA VALERIE ORCALES JULIAN AND JUSTINE MARLON ORCALES JULIAN
JESSICA VALERIE BORILLO ORCALES AND JUSTINE MARLON BORILLO ORCALES,
LORETO B. JULIAN, LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OF BAGUIO CITY AND THE PHILIPPINE STATISTICS AUTHORITY,
SPL. PROC. CASE NO. 2516-R
A verified petition was filed by petitioner through counsel, alleging among others that:
1. Petitioners are siblings, both of legal age, both Filipino citizens, and residents of No. 65 Immaculate Conception Street, South Central, Aurora Hill, Baguio City. They may be served with process emanating from the Honorable Court through their undersigned counsel.
2. Respondent LORETO B. JULIAN, of legal age, married to the mother of the Petitioner and a resident of the same address as the petitioners is being impleaded herein being the biological father of the Petitioners to be granted.
3. Respondent Local Civil Registrar of Baguio City with office address located at T. Alonzo Street, Baguio City and the Philippine Statistics Authority located at Solicarel Building, Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard, Sta. Mesa, Manila are being impleaded as nominal parties considering that these offices shall implement the court decision relative to this case.
4. The Petitioners, JESSICA VALERIE BORILLO ORCALES and JUSTINE MARLON BORILLO ORCALES were born out of wedlock on August 24, 1994 and August 9, 1993, respectively, to Spouses Loreto and Myrna Julian.
5. In the Certificate of Live Birth of the Petitioners, their father’s name was not indicated therein, because at the time they were born, their parents were unsure if they will settle as husband and wife. Copies of their respective Certificates of Live Births are herewith attached as Annex “A” and Annex “B”.
6. Subsequently, on December 9, 1996, Petitioners’ parents Loreto B. Julian and Myrna O. Julian contracted marriage with each other. A copy of their certificate of marriage is herewith attached as Annex “C”.
7. Since preschool to the present, both Petitioners used their father’s surname in all their transactions. Hence, initially, they did not find it necessary to change their surname to Julian.
8. The affidavit of acknowledgement of paternity and consent to use the surname of their father, Loreto B. Julian, is hereto attached as Annex “D”.
9. The Petitioners in all their transactions with third persons and institutions consistently used their name Jessica Valerie Orcales Julian and Justine Marlon Orcales Julian. School records of the petitioners showing that they used their respective correct names are hereto attached as Annex “E” and “Series”.
10. In order to capture the correct name and legal status of the petitioners, it is fitting and proper to allow them to chance their name.
Petitioners pray that after due notice, publication and hearing, an Order be issued to allow the change of name of Petitioners from JESSICA VALERIE BORILLO ORCALES and JUSTINE MARLON BORILLO ORCALES to JESSICA VALERIE ORCALES JULIAN and JUSTINE MARLON ORCALES JULIAN.
It appearing that the instant petition is sufficient in form and substance, the same is set for hearing on August 8, 2016 at 11:00 o’clock in the morning before this Court at its Session Hall, Justice Hall Building, Baguio City. Any person may appear and show cause, if any, why said petition should not be granted.
Let a copy of this Order be published at the expense of the petitioner once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks, the first publication of which should not be later than February 7, 2016 in a newspaper of general circulation in Baguio City to be determined by raffle pursuant to the provision of Presidential Decree No. 1079; let copies hereof together with the copies of the petition and its annexes be furnished to the Solicitor General, 134 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City, Metro Manila, National Statistics Office (now known as Philippine Statistics Authority PSA)-Solicarel Bldg. I. R. Magsaysay Blvd. Sta. Mesa, Manila.
Baguio City, Philippines, this 27th day of January, in the year of Our Lord, 2016.
(SGD) EMMANUEL CACHO RASING
1. The Solicitor General
2. Local Civil Registrar of Baguio City
3. Philippine Statistics Authority
4. Atty. Ma. Conception C. Castro-Santiago
5. The Junction Newspaper
6. Loreto B. Julian
Publication Dates: February 6, 13 and 20 2016