Republic of the
REGIONAL TRIAL COURT
FIRST JUDICIAL REGION
La Trinidad, Benguet
IN THE MATTER OF PETITION FOR CORRECTION OF ENTRIES IN THE RECORD OF MARRIAGE OF HEREIN PETITIONER WITH THE LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OF TUBLAY, BENGUET.
MILDRED ABANCE MARCELINO,
THE MUNICIPAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OF TUBLAY, BENGUET AND THE PHILIPPINE STATISTICS AUTHORITY (PSA), QUEZON CITY
Spec. Proc. Case No. 16-C-1882
NOTICE OF INITIAL HEARING
Petitioner, through counsel, filed a verification petition in this Court for Correction of Entries in the Record of Marriage of herein Petitioner with the Local Civil Registrar of Tublay, Benguet, under Rule 108 of the Rules of Court alleging in essence, thus:
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE HONORABLE COURT.
PETITIONER, by counsel, and to this Honorable Court, most respectfully states that:
1. Petitioner is of legal age, married, Filipino citizen and with residence and postal address at DB 077 Ma-e, Bahong, La Trinidad, Benguet where she may be served with notices and other court processes;
2. Respondents Local Civil Registry of Tublay, Benguet is a government agency in charge with the registration of births, marriages etc. and can be served with summons at the Municipal Hall of Tublay, Benguet, while respondent Philippine Statistics Authority is also a government agency and it is being impleaded as a nominal party being the repository of records of birth and it can be served with summons at its office address at 4/F TAM Building, PSA Compound, East Avenue, Quezon City;
3. Petitioner was born on February 4, 1974 at KM 12, Shilan, La Trinidad, Benguet and her facts of birth were duly registered before the Local Civil Registrar of Tublay, Benguet. Attached herein is a machine copy of the Certificate of Live Birth marked as Annex “A” and made integral part hereof;
4. Petitioner contracted marriage on October 9, 1989 at Tublay, Benguet, Philippines. However, in her Certificate of Marriage, petitioner’s date of birth was indicated as “February 4, 1971” instead of February 4, 1974. Attached herein is a copy of the Certificate of Marriage of petitioner to one Victor Marcelino marked as Annex “B”;
5. To avoid further confusion and further errors. Petitioner decided to file this Petition to correct the clerical error stated in her Certificate of Marriage. Further, in all the records of petitioner, besides from her Certificate of Live Birth, she has been using February 4, 1974 as her birth date. Attached herein are the National Bureau of Investigation Clearance marked as Annex “C” and Taxpayer’s Identification Card marked as Annex “D” and made integral part of this Complaint.
WHEREFORE, in view of the foregoing, it is respectfully prayed of this Honorable Court that after due notice, publication and hearing, an ORDER be issued directing the respondents to correct petitioner’s date of birth in her Certificate of Marriage from February 4, 1971 to February 4, 1974.
There is a need to correct the aforementioned errors to set straight the records of petitioner and to avoid any confusion or misidentification on her part.
Petitioner prays for such other reliefs just and equitable under the premises.
Respectfully Submitted this 12th day of October 2016 at La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines.
PUBLIC ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
Department of Justice
La Trinidad District Office Benguet
ATTY. MAYCHELLE S. ABLOG
Public Attorney II
Roll No. 63359, May 7, 2014
IBP NO. 1003889; January 14, 2016
MCLE Compliance No. V-0002707
ATTY. JUNIA ANTONINA SAYOG
OIC-District Public Attorney
La Trinidad District Office
WHEREFORE, finding the petition to be sufficient in form and substance, let the initial hearing be set on MARCH 2, 2017 at 8:30 o’clock in the morning, at the Session Hall of this Court, Justice Hall La Trinidad, Benguet, and all persons interested may appear and show cause, if any, why the petition should not be granted.
Let the NOTICE OF INITIAL HEARING be published at the expense of the petitioner in THEJUNCTION, a newspaper of general circulation in Baguio City and Benguet, once a week, for three (3) consecutive weeks, the first publication to be made not later than November 13, 2016.
Furnish copy hereof together with a copy of the petition and its annexes to the Office of the Solicitor General, the Provincial Prosecutor of Benguet, the Local Civil Registrar of Tublay, Benguet, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Quezon City, The Junction, petitioner a nd her counsel.
La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines, this 10th day of NOVEMBER 2016 at La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines.
(SGD) ATTY. MARIANITA J.
Branch Clerk of Court
Publication Dates: November 12, 19 and 26 2016