The PNP witnesses a rapid change of guard on the first day of its new chief’s term
Director General Ronald dela Rosa, the new chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), is wasting no time in introducing sweeping changes in the police force upon his assumption on July 1, Friday.
As swift as his promotion was the informal changing of the guard in key offices of Camp Crame. Dela Rosa had previously announced plans for a major revamp in the police force – from the regional office chiefs to the national support units (NSUs) and directorates.
President Rodrigo Duterte himself said as much in his own speech before the police force. “There will be a major revamp,” he said, after a long warning against corrupt police, particularly those involved in drugs.
Several new faces were seen occupying key positions during the PNP’s command conference led by Dela Rosa Friday afternoon.
The new officials are a mix of Dela Rosa’s Philippine Military Academy (PMA) mistahs (classmates), and several officers from older classes. Dela Rosa is a member of the PMA Class of 1986.
The reassignments are the following:
• Deputy Director General Franciso Uyami – Acting Deputy Chief of Administration
• Police Director Benjamin Magalong – Officer-in-charge (OIC), Deputy Chief of Operations
• Chief Superintendent Ramon Apolinario – OIC, Chief of the Directorial Staff
• C/Supt Fernando Mendez, Jr. – Acting Director, Directorate for Personal and Records Management
• C/Supt Nestor F. Quinsay Jr – OIC, Directorate for Intelligence
• C/Supt Camilo Pancratius Cascolan – Acting Director, Directorate for Operations
• C/Supt Maria Victor Ramos – Acting Director, Directorate for Logistics
• C/Supt Archie Francisco Gamboa – Acting Director, Director for Comptrollership
• C/Supt Augusto Marquez Jr – Acting Director, Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management
• Police Director Victor Deona – Acting Director, Directorate for Integrated Police Operations (DIPO) – Northern Luzon
• Police Director Moro Lazo – Acting Director, DIPO-Visayas
• Senior Supt. Dionardo Carlos – Spokesperson and OIC, Public Information Office
Police Regional Offices
• C/Supt Oscar D Albayalde – Acting Regional Director (RD), National Capital Region Police Office
• C/Supt Gilbert C Sosa – Acting RD, Police Regional Office (PRO) 2
• C/Supt Wilben M Mayor – Acting RD, PRO 4B
• C/Supt Melvin Ramon G Buenafe – Acting RD, PRO 5
• C/Supt Jose L Gentiles – Acting RD, PRO 6
• C/Supt Noli G Taliño – Acting RD, PRO 7
• C/Supt Elmer C Beltejar – Acting RD, PRO 8
• C/Supt Agripino G Javier – Acting RD, PRO ARMM
• C/Supt Elmo Francis O Sarona – Acting RD, PRO COR
• Senior Supt Roberto B Fajardo – Acting District Director, Northern Police District
• Senior Supt Romulo E Sapitula – Acting DD, Eastern Police District
• Senior Supt Joel Napoleon M Coronel – Acting DD, Manila Police District
• Senior Supt Tomas C Apolinario Jr – Acting DD, Southern Police District
• Senior Supt Guillermo Lorenzo T Eleazar – Acting DD, Quezon City Police District
• C/Supt Roel B Obusan – Acting Director, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group
• C/Supt Federico L Dulay Jr – Acting Director, Civil Security Group
• Chief Superintendent Benjamin M Lusad – Acting Director, Special Action Force
• Senior Supt Antonio N Gardiola Jr – Acting Director, Highway Patrol Group
• Senior Supt Ma. O R Aplasca – Acting Director, Aviation Security Group
• Senior Supt PSSupt Edmund A Gonzales – Acting Director, Maritime Group
• Senior Supt Charlo C Collado – Acting Director, Intelligence Group
• Senior Supt Rene O Aspera – Acting Director, Police Security Protection Group
• Senior Supt Gilbert DC Cruz – Acting Director, Police Community Relations Group
• Senior Supt Manolo N Ozaeta – Officer-in-Charge, Anti-Kidnapping Group
• Senior Supt Albert Ignatius D Ferro – Officer-in-Charge, Anti-Illegal Drugs Group
• Senior Supt Reczon Tito T Acabado – Officer-in-Charge, Anti-Cybercrime Group
• C/Supt Lyndon G Cubos – Acting Director, Finance Service;
• C/Supt Edwin C Roque – Acting Director, Legal Service; and
• C/Supt Prudencio Tom T Bañas – Acting Director, Police Retirement Benefit Service
According to one of the police generals who assumed a new position, their job orders are already being processed and will be released any time soon.
Dela Rosa was formally installed as the 21st chief of the PNP on Friday, a day after Duterte officially began his 6-year term.
Formerly the Executive Officer of the Directorate for Human Resources and Doctrine Development, the one-star general was immediately promoted to the highest rank in the police force the same day./Rappler.com